Posted: Friday, September 22, 2017 2:06 PM
Company Name: Apollo Mapping
Benefits Offered Medical, Vision, Dental
Employment Type Full-Time
About Apollo Mapping:
Apollo Mapping is a small business specializing in satellite imagery sales. We work directly with clients to meet their individual imagery needs. We are also in the final stages of developing a web-based mapping platform. Our online mapping program is set to lower the cost of web mapping and data dissemination while providing a collaborative environment. We work in downtown Boulder in a laidback co-working space.
Apollo Mapping is looking for an experienced software developer with extensive back-end experience to join our small business in downtown Boulder. The job role includes maintenance of our Image Hunter satellite imagery search engine, as well as adding new satellites and features. Ideally, the candidate will be able to assist in the maintenance and development of our separate mapping platform, Map Mavin, adding new functionality as well as maintaining the current system.
On a daily basis, you’ll be updating, upgrading and maintaining AWS servers, running celery tasks, and writing scripts to automate background processes. Maintaining Image Hunter often requires debugging the update system that collects new imagery for the search engine. You’ll also be working with outside consultants to improve the Map Mavin system and troubleshooting errors as they arise.
Preferred Core Qualifications:
· Experience working with Python frameworks (like Flask or other MVC frameworks).
· Knowledge of Celery, RabbitMQ and Redis.
· Knowledge of version control software like Git.
· Sound knowledge of Linux.
· Solid understanding of server administration.
· Experience working in AWS environments and comfortable working with various AWS components.
· Good problem solving and debugging skills.
· Can work independently when required but can also coordinate with contracted developers.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
· Experience with Java frameworks like Spring and Hibernate is a plus.
· Working knowledge on ExtJS.
· Previous experience with GeoServer
· Experience working with postgreSQL and postGIS.
· Experience with image processing and manipulation.
· Experience working with REST API’s.
If you are interested in this position, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
• Location: Boulder, Boulder, CO
• Post ID: 42856128 boulder